There are four main Tiers and two additional ancillary tiers that have developed over time.
THE MAIN TIERS:
1. GOD TIER: This is infallible. It's perfect. Unblemished.
2. TOP TIER: Above average. Still very strong and an excellent example.
3. MID TIER: People get in their feelings about Mid, but it really means average. And most things in life are average - it's literally why average is average. So don't feel a way if your fave ends up here. It's not BAD, it's just not EXCEPTIONAL.
4. LOW TIER: This is pretty self explanatory, but sometimes things don't even make it to Low, because we decide they're not worth being represented at all, so they're trashed.
THE ANCILLARY TIERS:
1. SAINT TIER: Our Saint Tier appears above God in graphics, but really it's set apart. These are examples so definitive and iconic, they're beyond ranking. If you looked the topic up in the dictionary, Sainted residents would be there waiting for you. These items are officially canonized - by us - for the topic at hand.
2. THE WINSLOW TIER: So, we kinda hate Family Matters here at #TheseTiers. At one point, Winslowed just meant something was dropped from the list altogether, but then we decided that there should be a special place for the things we have so much disdain for, they're below low, but we want people to KNOW they're below low. Hence, the Winslow Tier.